Gift Books offer
This blog receives a small amount of money due to being an Amazon Associate. We use these funds to provide gift books for victims of domestic abuse. When sufficient funds are available we are willing to provide the following books to victims who can’t afford to purchase the books, or whose only credit card account is jointly shared with their abuser.
Not Under Bondage: Biblical Divorce for Abuse, Adultery and Desertion by Barbara Roberts; paperback, or CD audio for visually disabled people. Read reviews of this book by theologians, pastoral carers, others, a review by Ps. Dave Orrison, and some reviews on the book here on Amazon.
Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancroft; paperback or kindle.
How He Gets Into Her Head: The Mind of the Male Intimate Abuser by Don Hennessy; paperback only. To learn about Don Hennessy’s work click here.
Steps to Freedom: Escaping Intimate Control by Don Hennessy; paperback or kindle. To learn about this title click here.
If you are a victim of domestic abuse and you can’t afford to purchase the books or your only credit card account is jointly shared with your abuser, you may request a gift book or books by emailing Barbara Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email, please indicate:
- which title(s) you want
- for Why Does He DO That? say whether you want a paperback or kindle version
- for Steps to Freedom say whether you want a paperback or kindle version
- for Not Under Bondage say whether you want the paperback or CD version. Barb is providing the CD audio version only to visually impaired people and is hoping that people will respect this.
- a safe shipping address — some victims don’t want it shipped to their home address if they are still living with an abuser.
- the name of the person you want the parcel addressed to.
Barb will treat these details with the utmost confidentiality.
If you would like to donate to the gift book fund, contact Barbara at email@example.com and please note that ACFJ is not licensed as a nonprofit organization so donations are not tax deductible. We simply receive and handle donations in good faith.
NOTE: While we endorse Lundy Bancroft’s writings about the dynamics of domestic abuse, we do not recommend anyone attend the ‘healing retreats’ he offers or become involved in his ‘Peak Living Network.’
This post was updated on 2 April 2019.