The Bible Does Describe the Abuser
UPDATE Sept 2021: I have come to believe that Jeff Crippen does not practise what he preaches. He vilely persecuted an abuse victim and spiritually abused many other people in the Tillamook congregation. Go here to read the evidence. Jeff has not gone to the people that he spiritually and emotionally abused. He has not apologised to them, let alone asked for their forgiveness.
This is about as clear of a description of an abuser and his tactics as you can find —
Proverbs 6:16-19, There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him:
- haughty eyes,
- a lying tongue,
- and hands that shed innocent blood
- a heart that devises wicked plans,
- feet that make haste to run to evil,
- a false witness who breathes out lies, and
- one who sows discord among brothers.
I bet many of our readers will recognize each one of these seven evils. And here is still another picture from Proverbs –
Proverbs 16:27-30, A worthless man
- plots evil,
- and his speech is like a scorching fire.
- A dishonest man spreads strife,
- and a whisperer separates close friends.
- A man of violence entices his neighbor and leads him in a way that is not good.
- Whoever winks his eyes plans dishonest things;
- he who purses his lips brings evil to pass.
You see, God has told us many times that such people exist. Why don’t we seem to believe Him? Notice the recurring theme of deception in these descriptions.