Thursday Thought — Questioning Your Lawyer
In addition to the recent post by an ACFJ reader, Still Reforming, Questions to Ask Before Retaining a Lawyer if you are a Victim of Domestic Abuse, we also have an article on our Legal Issues resource page that provides additional questions and helpful advice to consider when retaining a lawyer. Below are a couple of the suggested questions from that article. You can read the complete article at Questioning Your Lawyer [Internet Archive link].
- Have you ever handled a case like mine?
- What was the outcome? How was the case disposed?
- What steps would you take in handling a case like mine?
- Can you give me two to three names of previous clients I can speak with regarding your services?
- What organizations do you belong to? Follow this with a Google search.